water cooled systems
Water-cooled HVAC systems are ideal for cannabis facilities
When your lights are on, the unit can move the rejected heat from the cooling coil into the buildings water loop to be rejected outside via the cooling tower. When your lights are off, the unit will move the majority of heat rejected from the cooling coil back into the room so as to dehumidify and maintain temperature set points
AGS water-cooled systems:
- Are up to 50% more efficient than air-cooled systems
- Are far less expensive than 4 pipe chilled water/hot water systems
- Are much less expensive to install than many air-cooled split systems
- Do not require insulated piping saving customers money on installation
- Allow customers the ability to capture heat from running grow lights and transfer it to areas that may require heating
- Impervious to low ambient temperature problems associated with the hot gas reheat dehumidification function of air-cooled systems, as many air-cooled systems experience operational failures at temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit
AGS offers water-cooled self-contained HVAC equipment from 2 tons per unit to 230 tons per unit. Units can be floor mounted, roof mounted or ceiling hung.
Condenser water loop options
Water-cooled systems rely on a central mechanism for rejecting heat for all the units tied into the condenser water loop. Warmer climates generally require cooling towers where as more mild climates may allow for a closed loop fluid cooler.
The project managers at AGS and our associated representatives will assist you in selecting the most suitable system for the facility.